Enrol Into An Upcoming FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE
About this Course
COVID-19 Update: due to the mandatory closure of approved firearms ranges in Queensland we are unable to deliver the practical component of our Firearms Safety Courses.
At this stage we have suspended all courses until further notice.
Further updates on course dates will be posted on our web page as we receive further information.
For all inquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
This course provides the basic skills and knowledge essential to firearms legislation, firearms in the community, licensing requirements, safe handling, safe storage and transport, as well as additional information which is essential to all shooters.
This course covers all the most common firearms used for sports/target, recreational and occupational shooting activities. Examples of firearms under these categories include:
- Air Rifles
- Single and Double Barrel Shotguns
- Bolt Action Rifles
- Lever Action Rifles
- Pump Action Rifles Muzzle Loading Firearm
- Combination Guns (Rifle and Shotgun)
- Paintball Guns
- Cross Bows
- Semi-Automatic & Pump Action Shotguns
- Semi-Automatic center fire and rim fire rifles
Firearms Licensing in Queensland is administered by the QLD Police Weapons Licensing Branch.
Information regarding the License Application process is provided during the course. For more information about licensing or to lodge an online application visit the Weapons Licensing website: Weapons Licensing
Note – for an overview on “who can apply” for a Weapons License in Queensland, please visit the following link: Licences
To participate in this course, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be over 18 years of age (or have written consent from parent/guardian to attend)
- Must not have any physical or other impairment which would prevent you from handling firearms safely – if unsure, seek advice from your GP or contact us to discuss suitability
- Must not have any criminal convictions (relating to drug use, violence or weapons) in the past 5 years
- Must not have been a subject to a domestic violence order in the past 5 years
- Must not have been a subject to an involuntary mental health order in the past 5 years.
For an overview on what is considered a “fit and proper’ person to hold a Queensland Weapons Act License please visit the following link : Fit and Proper